I’m going to compare the Fleck Iron Pro 2, Iron Pro 3, and Fleck 5600sxt water softeners now. These three softeners are well-liked by many customers. All three of these water softeners use the 5600SXT control valve, a technology of Pentair plc.
Along with providing control valves, Fleck Controls INC also manufactures water softeners under its own trademarks. The water softeners Fleck Iron pro 2 and Fleck 5600SXT are produced by Fleck INC.Contrarily, the manufacturer of Iron Pro-3 is Abundant Flow Water Systems (AFW), a water equipment supplier with headquarters in Pfeifer, Kansas.
The Fleck 5600sxt is for high-quality, long-lasting soft water and the Fleck Iron Pro 2 is for people who don’t like to run hot water. The Fleck Iron Pro 3 is a new model that has been developed for people who have a lot of hard water.
First… a summary of our findings:
Our Top Pick
AFWFilters 5600SXT 48,000 Water Softener Digital
Iron Pro 2 Combination water softener
Fleck 5600sxt vs Fleck Iron Pro 2 vs FM85 Iron Pro 3 Water softeners
|1.AFWFilters 5600SXT 48,000||28 GPM peak||Digital|
|2. Iron Pro 2 Combination water softener||16 GPM||Digital|
|3. AFW Iron Pro 3 64k Fine Water Softener||16 GPM||Digital|
Let’s Drive In.
1.AFWFilters 5600SXT 48,000 Grain Water Softener
Water softeners such as the 5600sxt digital metered valve were among the most marketable for many years. For over a century, it has proved to be a reliable system. The unit is a suitable choice if all you need is a simple water softener without all the fancy features.
Meter makes it easier to know how much water you’re using and when. The Fleck 5600SXT is housed in a black structural 10×54″ PG 2.5T (CH30579-03010203-30), 14″x34″ black square brine tank with a safety, made in the USA.
The system is more effective than other water softeners because it removes hardness when it enters the water through its softening float system.
It has a grain capacity of 48,000 grains. That is, it may remove 6.8 pounds of dissolved calcium and magnesium before it needs to be replaced.
- Dimensions: 27 x 17 x 62 inches
- model: WS48-56SXT
- Weight : 20.7 pounds
- Size: 48,000 Grains
2.Fleck Iron Pro 2 Water Softener valve 64,000 grain
The entire whole-house water softening device with a high-efficiency Fleck 5600SXT Digital “On-Demand” control valve removes hard water and eliminates the water that causes scale buildup and poor soap efficiency. 1.5 cuft High Capacity Resin 1″ Bypass
All of their softening systems use high-capacity, exceptionally long-life resin.
The main factor of Iron Pro 2
A 10-year tank warranty, a 5-year control head warranty, and a 30-day money-back guarantee are all included with the Fleck Iron Pro 2.
- Fleck 5600SXT is the digital control valve.
- It successfully removes hard water by using tiny mesh resin.
- The flow rate of 15 gallons per minute.
- An LCD can be extremely useful as a user-friendly interface.
- Prices are reasonable, especially when an iron filter is included.
- A device installed inside the machine may eliminate chlorine from the water.
- The tank is covered by a 10-year warranty, while the valve and head are covered by a five-year warranty.
- The kit includes electronic digital control and a backlit LCD.
- It is simple to create and install, so you may do it yourself. It also comes with a detailed instruction manual that describes how to set it up.
How to install
How to install 5600sxt digital metered valve 1 guide pdf.
- Model: IRONPRO2
- Weight: 119.2 pounds
- Dimensions: 14 x 7 x 21 inches
- Size: 64k
Water pressure of 20-90 PSI and a temperature of 35-110 F must be present at the installation site in order to prevent freezing or overheating.
3.Plus KDF85 Pro 3 Water Softener PLUS KDF85
KDF85 and fine mesh resin with a 64,000-grain capacity soften water, remove iron, treat hydrogen sulfide, and remove heavy metals. Uses a 3/4″ digital Fleck 5600SXT control head to treat up to 12 gallons per minute. Scale buildup is prevented by water softeners’ treatment of hard water.
The system’s ability to soften water and remove low to moderate quantities of iron is made possible by the tiny mesh resin (up to 8ppm). KDF85 addresses low amounts of hydrogen sulfide and lowers heavy metals (rotten egg odor).
The LCD display and touchpad controls, which are managed by the digital metered Fleck 5600SXT control head, offer a straightforward user interface and a variety of setup options.
16 GPM Service Flow
- Treats a maximum flow rate of 16 gallons per minute
Removes Water Hardness
- The ion exchange process physically removes the ions that cause hard water
Removes Iron Manganese
- Specially designed resin traps iron and manganese as well as the hardness
Treats Hydrogen Sulfide
- KDF85 treats low levels of hydrogen sulfide, the cause of rotten egg odor in the water
- Contains 2 cubic feet of fine resin capable of removing up to 64,000 grains of compensated hardness (hardness factoring in iron and manganese) between regeneration cycles
- Designed to remove hydrogen sulfide (rotten egg odor), chlorine, and a wide range of heavy metals, chlorine
Fine Mesh Resin
- Specifically designed for the treatment of both ferrous (red water) and ferric (clear water) iron, up to a maximum of 8 ppm
It comes in a basic, white color and a larger black. Then has the durability you need for the performance they remove up to 99.99% of the hardness from your water.
The Fleck Iron Pro 3 is a great product for those with hard water this softener is also very easy to use.
The reaction between hydrogen sulfide and spherical pellets of zinc oxide:
The reaction between hydrogen sulfide and spherical
Fleck 5600SXT Control Head for optimal performance.
The Fleck 5600SXT water softener features a control head that allows you to adjust the performance based on your needs. The 5600SXT also has an X-Trainer, which is a high-capacity storage tank that will allow for better performance, even under hard water.
It also has a Fleck Strain Lock End product that will allow you to adjust the flow of water through your softener by adjusting the amount of soft water going in.
A simple LCD display with touchpad controls.
A flow monitor is an important part of any water softener because it tells you the hardness of your water. There are two main types of flow monitors: digital and analog.
In a single system, the 32k Iron Pro Plus water softener eliminates both iron (up to 6ppm) and hardness. KDF85 is added to the resin tank to treat low amounts of hydrogen sulfide (rotten egg odor) and to inhibit bacterial growth.
That’s why it’s important to read the manufacturer’s specifications, so you know how well the system will perform. When you choose a fleck 5600sxt, you’re looking at 16 gallons per minute. That’s the maximum flow
- Item Weight: 100 pounds
- Dimensions: 12 x 48 x 12 inches
- Model: Iron pro 3
- Size: 0.75 Inch
- Manufacturer: Fleck
- Number: 5600sxt
The Fleck 5600sxt, Iron Pro2, and Iron Pro3 all use the same type of control valve known as the 5600sxt. Fleck INC. manufactures this valve.
- Fleck Iron Pro 2 functions as a water softener as well as an iron filter.
- It is extremely effective at removing iron. Iron Pro 3 performs three activities.
- It is made up of three parts: a water softener, an iron filter, and a sulfur filter.
- It filters using two different techniques: fine mesh resin and KDF85 media.
One of the most popular water softeners is the Fleck 5600sxt. It is merely a basic water softener that employs fine resin to remove dissolved calcium and magnesium, which cause water hardness. It has a grain capacity of 48,000 grains.
Customers must also pay extra for it, which is perhaps why the Iron Pro2 is popular. If you’re going to spend more for something, it should be better than the cheaper one. So, if you can locate a better product at a lesser price, you should go for it.
- 7 Best Space Heaters for a Room with High Ceilings - January 29, 2023
- Do space heaters cause headaches? - January 28, 2023
- Are there any energy-efficient ceiling fan options for outdoor use? - January 28, 2023