When it comes to choosing a water filter for your home, it can be overwhelming to decide which one is the best fit.
Three popular options on the market are the AquaTru, Berkey, and Aquasana countertop water filters. Each of these systems has its own unique features and benefits, making it important to carefully consider which one will meet your needs and preferences.
In this comparison, we will explore the similarities and differences between the AquaTru, Berkey, and Aquasana countertop water filters, including their filtration capabilities, convenience, and overall performance.
Our Top Pick
AquaTru vs. Berkey vs. Aquasana countertop water Filter
|1. AquaTru – Countertop Water||3 Quarts||15 x 12 x 14 inches|
|2. Berkey Water||8.5 Liters||8.6 x 8.5 x 19.25 inches|
|3. Aquasana Water||450 Gallons||13 x 7 x 4 inches|
1.AquaTru Water Filter countertop
The AquaTru Filter makes keeping your water clean easier and more convenient. These filters have a small footprint and may be mounted beneath your kitchen sink. It will let you drink crystal-clear water that is beneficial to your health.
This ultra-filter system has a four-stage filtration process that removes chlorine, lead, cysts, heavy metals, and silt, among other impurities. It also has an activated carbon filter that eliminates odors and foul tastes.
Aquatru filters are simple to clean and install in the kitchen sink without causing any substantial inconvenience. They are inexpensive, effective, and portable. They’re simple to use, and because they’re disposable, you won’t have to bother about replacing filters all that often.
Aquatru filters It’s a 4-stage filter.
Stage 1removes contaminants and the second
stage 2 removes chlorine and other harmful substances from the water,
stage 3 removes lead,
stage 4 removes heavy metals.
- The AquaTru water filter provides a 4 stage filtration process that removes over 8 different pollutants including chlorine, lead, pesticides, cysts, herbicides, and more.
- The AquaTru has been certified to NSF/ANSI Standard 42 as a low-maintenance home water filter
- The filtered water is made up of 98% pure water and 2% carbon block that removes contaminants such as lead, chlorine, and cysts, along with many other contaminants in the water.
- The filters are easy to install, and it is possible to remove the filter cartridge and reuse it for each successive year.
- One can easily remove and re-use the filter cartridge by simply removing the filter cover and reinserting the cartridge.
- The AquaTru is made from FDA-approved plastic and it’s BPA-free. The AquaTru is available in a range of sizes, including a 2-liter container and a one-gallon container.
- It has been proven that the AquaTru is one of the best countertop water filters on the market.
- The AquaTru is a filter that will remove just about every contaminant in your drinking water.
The Aquatru ultra reverse osmosis countertop water filter is the first on the market to include reverse osmosis (RO) technology, allowing for extraordinarily high filtering and consumption rates.
Filters that catch small pieces of dirt and debris from the water are used in a mechanical filtering system. Our water has a peculiar flavor.
For many years, AquaSana water filter systems have been quite popular, but the stats don’t lie. aquasana filters simply lack the essential quality and filtering capability. Berkey filters are hands down the best in terms of quality, longevity, long-term affordability, and filtering capability.
This can also be accomplished with the AquaTru ion exchange system, but only manually. The AquaTru filter is outperformed by the AquaTru ion exchange technology.
The AquaTru system makes use of a complex mechanism known as a “plug-and-play” filter, which allows you to replace filters without doing any extra effort.
The value proposition of this water filter is that you use it for 6 months to 2 years and then discard it.
AquaTru is an affordable water filter that uses a technology called “Active Carbon”. This technology can remove toxins in the water and gain the pH balance of the water.
What Our Time Likes
- Water tastes crisp and fresh
- Costs less
- Very easy to set up and use
- Convenient size and compact design
- Easy to change filters
- Water tastes as crisp and fresh as a reverse osmosis system that is extremely easy to use.
2. Big Berkey Water Filter countertop
The Berkey Water Filter is a self-contained, easy-to-use, portable water filtration system that removes 99.99 percent of all and reduces nitrates and other pathogens. Berkey stainless steel housing (Upper, Lower, Lid, and Spigot, among other things), 2 Black Berkey Filters, and 2 Fluoride Elements are included.
It is important to know that the quality of the water you’re drinking is just the exact type of clean water you refilled.
This means that water flows from an upper chamber of the system to a lower chamber via gravitational force via the filtering agents. Water in our bodies moves microscopic molecules through tiny capillaries found throughout the body’s natural circulation; blood is pumped with the help of gravity.
Gravity is what causes water to flow from an upper chamber to a lower chamber. The complex thing is that water flow in the body is not only determined by gravity but also by the kinetics of blood.
The dynamics of blood are modified as the flow moves from one chamber to the next, which is very essential. One of the three countertop water filters is the finest way to filter and purify water. Whichever countertop water filter you choose will filter your water effectively.
The Big Berkey Countertop water filter looks to be an incredible water filter that can provide perfectly clean drinking water from this analysis.
When it comes to water filtration, the Berkey is a great choice because it can be used to filter out any unwanted contaminants, like chlorine, lead, and other heavy metals.
When compared to other water filters, the AquaTru is the only countertop water filtering system that can do the same job as the Big Berkey. Because of its adaptability, the AquaTru is an excellent choice. It is suitable for both hard and gentle water.
This Big Berkey Water Filter is removing impurities such as chlorine, chloramines, lead, fluoride, and other chemicals from your tap water. It also has a filter that can filter up to 3.5 gallons of water at once.
NOT NSF?: Berkey water filters do not have NSF certification, even though they claim to have met and exceeded NSF standards. Despite Berkey’s claims, the water purification industry does not recognize Berkey’s pollution-removal filtration technology.
This unit has been developed with an aluminum frame and a high-quality polyester that provides maximum filtration.
What Our Time Likes
- Berkey Water Filter is durable, reliable, and efficient. It can fit in any size of vehicle and can hold up to 6,000 gallons of pure, clean water. The filter can filter up to 95% of lead and 99% of viruses and bacteria. It is made from high-density polyethylene which provides maximum durability.
- Its lightweight design makes it easy for you to carry it wherever you go. This product is 100% all-natural with no chemicals or resin in it and works perfectly. It is easy to install and comes with a handy tool that helps you keep it clean and in good shape. It also comes with a 2-year limited warranty.
3. Aquasana Water Filter countertop
The Aquasana AQ-4000W Countertop Water Filtration System removes over 97 percent of chlorine while also reducing 76 other pollutants such as pharmaceuticals, lead, and other dangerous compounds. Aquasana’s patented technology provides the most advanced water filtration system currently available.
The Aquasana Countertop Water Filtration System is NSF certified to remove lead, pharmaceuticals, and more. The system attaches to your kitchen sink and filters water right from your tap.
Aquasana stages filtration
The Aquasana AQ-4000W Countertop filtration system has three stages of filtration. Carbon filtrations, ion exchange, and sub-micron filtration are the stages. Unlike conventional filtering technologies, which contain all minerals (both good and toxic), it employs a proprietary Claryum filter technology.
The water purifiers use unique filter media called Claryum Filters to separate impurities from clean drinking water.
- carbon filtrations
- sub-micron filtration.
What Our Time Likes
- This model can accommodate up to 420 Gallons and has a generous 60-inch width.
- It is NSF/ANSI certified to Standard 42, 53, and 401 and comes with a one-year warranty.
- Installation takes the average homeowner an hour to complete.
- You will not need to change anything for the first 420 gallons and you will need to attach your hose only to the faucet.
- Then you will be able to fill your aquarium. If you are planning on keeping your water for more than a few days, it is highly recommended to purchase an aquarium filter.
The Berkey is the cheapest of the water purification options we looked at. It’s an excellent choice for someone who wants to get started with water treatment right away but can’t afford more expensive versions or who doesn’t want high performance.
In our tests, the AquaTru proved to be the best countertop water treatment solution, making it a good alternative for anyone who needs to utilize their water for drinking.
You can filter your water to taste as you want without having to purchase a separate, expensive filter. The AquaTru is an amazing product and is affordable.
Chemical and biological pollutants that are not eliminated by the treatment facility should be filtered out with countertop water filters.
The best countertop water filters remove out chlorine, chlorine by-products (THMs), volatile organic compounds (VOCs), lead (a hazardous metal), pesticides, herbicides, micron particles, and cysts, according to performance statistics and user assessments.
Does AquaTru remove nitrates?
The technology behind our AquaTru filtration system has been certified by NSF/ANSI Standards 42, 53, 58, 401, and P473. The AquaTru water purifier removes 82 contaminants from your water supply. These include heavy metals like lead, preservatives like fluoride, and drugs
that lower the number of heavy metals and other contaminants in the water that could hurt you. As a result, it’s critical that you only use your Berkey water filter according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
A water filter is required if you wish to use alkaline water to help avoid illness and enhance your immune system. That is not the same as seeking a bottle of water.
The AquaTru is our favorite reverse osmosis system. Extensive testing shows that it provides high-quality drinking water without requiring installation. Furthermore, maintenance is simple and inexpensive. After taking everything into account, I give it 4.4 stars!
AquaTru removes glyphosate?
AquaTru is a product that is used to remove glyphosate (the active ingredient in Roundup) from water and surrounding soil.