A water softener is a filter appliance with the main purpose to reduce or eliminate the level of water hardness. Water softening, is a process aimed at the reduction of heavy metal compounds that make water hard water.
This allows you to be able to obtain soft water which requires little amounts of soap to lather compared to hard water.
Soft water is beneficial as it extends greatly the lifetime of plumbing works by the reduction of limescale build-up over time in pipes and plumbing fittings.
This process of water softening is achieved with the use of ion-exchange resins or lime softening.
Whirlpool Whes30 30,000 Grain Water Softener Built in the USA
- SOFTENERS AUTOMATICALLY CALCULATE.
- REMOVES UP TO 8PPM OF CLEARWATER.
- SIGNIFICANT SALT AND WATER SAVINGS
The whirlpool WHES30 30,000 GRAIN WATER SOFTENER with the 6th sense technology allows you to be able to save money. This technology learns and predicts water consumption and regenerates when required.
Calculates instinctively on the much salt to use and not the fixed amount of salt. The design of the tank is space-saving which a plumbing connection of up to 1” diameter
The performance of the water softener cleanser could be improved with the extension of the warranty
The system has desirable features having been built in the USA. The serving capacity of a household with 1 to 4 or more individuals
The water flow from the system is 7.6 gallons in a minute which limits the number of water outlets that could be used at the same time.
For hardness reduction, this system is certified by NSF/ANSI with the maximum level treatment of hard water to 95gpg.
Additionally, the softener could be used to eliminate up to 8ppm of ferrous iron according to laboratory tests.
The pressure water limits are between 20-125 psi.
- Dimensions: 19 x 19 x 43.5 inches.
- Model Number: Whes30.
- Components Included: Softener system, bypass valve.
What our team likes and its benefits
- Installation kit, instruction manual.
- A reliable way to soften their water.
- Your hair and skin feel healthy.
- Efficiently, last longer, and save energy.
The system is known to work on the hardest water. Also, known to function effectively for a long period with minimal issues arising.
The use of the 6th sense technology makes it desirable with the ability to help you save on water and money. Being a single tank it generally saves on space and a one-year warranty on all the parts of the system.
The salt-saving technology makes it environmentally friendly as little wastage is seen. Certified by the NSF with the ability to eliminate water hardness effectively.
How do you install a GE 40000 grain water softener?
This system is easy to install and takes up to a couple of hours to be up and running. The system is accompanied by a manual, and also the option for online material makes it easy. One can get professional help during the installation process over a phone call.
You should be able to spot a cool dry place away from sunlight and low temperatures. The spot should be close to the main supply of water into the house, keeping in mind the system requires electricity to regenerate. The spot ought to have a good drainage system or have the system near a drain.
- Have the main water supply turned off
- Drain out all the remaining water
Place the brine tank overflow grommet with the elbow at the back of the salt storage tank sidewall in the diameter
- At a standing level, have the water softener in place
- Using silicone grease the single valve O-rings
- Have the bypass valve pushed into the softener and snap the large holding clips into place
Make a connection from the main water supply line into the water softener inlet and outlet marked on the valve by cutting fittings
Have the drain hose installed with the connection of the drain line to the valve drain; clamps could be used to hold the hose in place. Route the drain hose to the drain to secure it
- Put the brine tank overflow hose with the connection of the drain line to the overflow elbow, and use clamps to secure the drain hose
- Inspect for any leakages.
START-UP OF THE SYSTEM.
- Stream in water into the brine tank of about 3 gallons
- Pour in salt
- Switch on the power supply.
- Has the water softener been fully sanitized before using the water?
How long do GE water softeners last?
The typical lifespan of a water softener is between 10-15 years. The replacement of a water softener depends on how much it is used which is controlled by the level of hardness of your water. There is no specific time on when to replace your water softener.
How do I maintain my GE water softener?
Water softeners are generally low-maintenance appliances, and there are ways you can improve their efficiency and durability such as:
- Avoid salt mushing and bridges which are brought about by high humidity, temperatures, and the use of the wrong type of salt
- Going for the best salt choice which is then evaporated salt, it is obtained through mining and evaporation, and the purest form of the salt of 99% sodium chloride
- Cleaning the resin bed every couple of months by flushing with a water softener cleaner to have it at top form
- Having the venture valve and the nozzle cleaned at least twice a year to have the water softening process smooth and efficient.
How many grains do I need in a water softener?
Most households could make use of up to 32,000-grain units which is more than enough. Certain conditions could raise the grain unit such as the level of water hardness and the size of the household.
Functionally the water softener should be enough not to regenerate more times than three days or go more than fourteen days without regenerating.
The following steps should help with the calculation of the right amount of grains in your water softener.
- The number of individuals in the household, multiplied with each individual using up to 70 gallons in a day.
- The water hardness in grains in a gallon multiplied with the answer in the previous calculation
- The answer gotten after the multiplication is the number of grains in a day; use this number to divide the softener capacities until you get a workable capacity.
- 7 Best Space Heaters for a Room with High Ceilings - January 29, 2023
- Do space heaters cause headaches? - January 28, 2023
- Are there any energy-efficient ceiling fan options for outdoor use? - January 28, 2023